Sleek is Europe’s leading English language platform for the creative community. Based in Berlin, we offer up an opinionated, humorous take on global fashion and arts, through our print, digital, social and events presence.
We’re looking for a Fashion Editor to manage fashion stories online and in print, and help us to achieve our ambitious content goals.
- Pitch, commission and write fashion stories which highlight emerging talent and unique perspectives, keeping Sleek at the cutting edge of global visual culture
- Proofread stories from our contributors
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief, Digital Editor and Fashion Stylists and Director to refine Sleek’s vision for fashion across our whole ecosystem; online, in print and across our social media networks
- Expand our reach and work with analytics tools to make sure our fashion narratives reach the broadest audience possible
- Help grow our freelance contributor network and source the best talent for our content
The Ideal Candidate
- Has extensive journalistic experience and impeccable knowledge of all things fashion
- Has extensive knowledge of emerging designers and avant garde style
- Is ferociously opinionated about fashion and style, and takes a unique and progressive approach to the topic
- Is proficient with Google Analytics, Adobe Suite, WordPress
- Knows their way around Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Is a pop culture junkie and digital native
- Knowledge of beauty (and particularly alternative beauty) is a huge bonus
- We welcome candidates from all over the globe, but applicants must be English speakers who are eligible to work in Germany.
If this sounds like your dream opportunity, please send a CV, cover letter, one killer writing sample and three headlines of dream articles you’d commission for Sleek to our Digital Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Best of luck!