#55 Autumn 17
Welcome to the Autumn 2017 issue of SLEEK
Dedicated to “Second Lives, Third Careers and How to Succeed at Failing” our autumn issue is a tribute to the art of reinventing oneself. Starring on our cover is Berliner AA Bronson, an artist who is no stranger to new beginnings, who believes that success can’t exist without failure. Our dossier continues this discussion: author Cat Marnell reveals how she made a career of taking drugs and getting fired, Christian Jankowski chats to us about artistic failure and Fran Gavin takes a look at the rise of older women artists.
- For this issue’s “Ones To Watch”, we speak with Gahee Lim, the sensual menswear designer; Lucy Raven, the artist questioning Hollywood image tropes; and performance artist Alexandra Pirici.
- Belgian menswear icon Raf Simons discusses his latest streetwear collaboration with Eastpak.
- We track the history and recent revival of Burberry’s signature Nova Check tartan.
- In “Black Box, White Cube”, Art Editor Will Furtado investigates the relationship between art and dance.
- “Misfit” sees Antoine Harinthe shooting our men’s editorial in Paris.
- We visit Katja Novitskova’s Berlin studio.
- Berlin collector Julia Stoschek reveals the method behind her passion for time-based media in “The Last Word”.
Subscribe to SLEEK for just €32 (€56 outside Germany) and you’ll receive four issues annually, plus the chance to receive a leather backpack by luggage pioneers, Samsonite, worth €169,95. Choose between a laptop- ready briefcase-style backpack and a compact stylish 13” model, both of which embody Samsonite’s focus on durable, innovative design. Modern yet understated, each item has been designed with an emphasis on function and elegance, making them practical and suave. And the waterproof coating and intelligently arranged compartments allow the wearer to travel without worrying for the safety of their belongings. Subscribe by sending an email with your bag preference of to email@example.com today and collect your Samsonite backpack while stocks last.
SLEEK: IN PRINT, ONLINE