SLEEK 49 Spring 2016
The spring issue of SLEEK is available now and it’s got a new look! Order your copy here.
Welcome to the new and improved SLEEK. For the first issue of 2016 we are proud to showcase our revamped design; a theme that continues into the magazine’s content as well. This focus on metamorphoses is shown in our cover story “Making the Man,” in which Hans Bussert speaks with Kris van Assche on his personal evolution as creative director for Dior Homme. “No Cash in the Attic” continues with this narrative, as Jesi Khadivi gives us a comment on the Athens art scene and its attempts to combat crisis through persistent reinvention. In “A New Urban Blueprint,” we report on four progressive architecture collectives and their viewpoints for the new breed of consciousness in contemporary architecture.
– For this issue’s “Ones to Watch” we speak with documenta 14 curator Bonaventure Ndikung, Kuwaiti artist Monira Al Qadiri and fashion label Ferrari Concept’s founder Paige Horinek
– We attempt to decipher the tweets of artist Raymond Pettibon using his catalogue of artwork over the years
– Athens is in focus in our fashion feature shot by Amanda Camenisch and styled by Danielle van Camp
– Design mavericks Haw-Lin present exclusive works in the Cabinet section
– We visit the studio of L.A. artist Max Hooper Schneider and talk about nature and disaster
– A mid-decade review on the five core phenomena surrounding art and technology by Jeni Fulton
Subscribe to SLEEK today for just 32€ (or 56€ outside of Germany) for four issues and receive a sturdy Lite-Cube suitcase from Samsonite. Available in graphite, ivory or dark olive, the company’s newest travel bag fuses lightness with durability to create an all-purpose model that’s carry on approved. Utilizing a specially patented shock absorbing material, the innovative luggage features a hard shell surface and high performing protection to ensure contents stay safe. A finely woven, matte finish incorporates structural design into the travel bag’s most functional elements. Practical details include a retractable handle as well as space booster wheels for lightweight manoeuvrability. Inspired by Samsonite’s classic Cubelite suitcase, it is an ultra-light nod to the luggage company’s original concept. Please stipulate your choice of colour in the subscription form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your Samsonite Lite-Cube (while stocks last).
SLEEK: IN PRINT, ONLINE